In this episode, Devi chats with Alma Lara about how she visualized success and followed her intuition to create her dream career on TV, to gain her true self & calling after “losing everything”, to transform and serve through her son’s diagnosis of autism and to create an online community of more than 100,000 members. Alma has been referred to as “the next Oprah”. She is a real life example of how visualizing success and having the tenacity to chase your dreams can make them real.
Devi & Alma chat about:
- Alma’s journey moving to the US from Mexico without the ability to speak English, but with a BIG dream!
- Finding her way around the language barrier, so that she could live her life on purpose
- How Alma created her dream job on TV
- Where miracles happen
- The Power of Visualization
- Creating a Facebook group of over 100,000 members
- Finding her true self & calling by “losing everything” and her journey back from that
- Alma’s journey in dealing with her son’s Autism diagnosis
- Inspiring people to look for the best place in their hearts and their gifts and talents
- Supportive practices for your life and business
- The gift of your intuition in dealing with Autism or a diagnosis of any kind
- Receiving messages from God through written word and meditation
- Making time for “everything”
- Being open and guided
- The importance of authenticity and intention in building an online community
- Tips for managing an online Facebook community of 100,000+ members
- In coming from a place that we are already 100% capable, everything else will follow
Connect with Alma:
On Her Website: AlmaLara.com
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almalaracom/ (English) or https://www.facebook.com/alma.lara.life.coach.inspira.crea.transforma/ (Spanish)
More about Alma: Alma has been referred to as “the next Oprah”. Alma is a real life example of how visualizing success and having the tenacity to chase your dreams can make them real. Alma moved to the USA from Mexico 20 years ago with her husband Carlos with zero English but with a vision and became a host on Televisa and Univision. They have three beautiful kids. In 2011 she moved with her family to Washington state from Michigan and her personal and professional lives were transformed, after receiving their son’s diagnosis of Autism the same year. Sharing her journey and her compelling story with other families, at work with friends, and wherever she had the chance to do it, gave her the opportunity to inspire others with her example of strength and hope, awakening her true calling in life.
Alma realized that she wanted to help families that were going through what she experienced with her son and decided to become a Life Coach and got her Certification in 2015. Her learning experience as a Life Coach gave her the tools to help others as she was able to transform her own struggles with Autism into incredible opportunities of growth and through this process she was able to unlock her dusty memories and dreams misplaced over time. She recently resigned as an HR Coordinator at The Fairmont Olympic Hotel and followed her calling and passion to be a inspirational speaker, transformational coach and author. She also committed part of her time to work as a Family Resource Coordinator at FEAT (Families for effective Autism Treatment) where she is now helping families in this emotional, physical and financial challenging transition; supporting them, sharing great resources and critically important information.
Today, Alma is a transformational life coach, an author, a motivational speaker and a powerful mother who is supporting families with Autistic children. She also leads her Facebook community of over 100,000 inspired chefs called ‘Que Hago de Comer Hoy.’ Alma’s personal mission is to inspire others to create the best version of themselves, and to transform lives for the better.