In this episode, Devi chats with Frédérique Campagne Irwin about accelerating your business and scaling your business operations. Frédérique is the founder and CEO of Her Corner Inc., a global community of women business owners committed to growth in their businesses. Her Corner applies a systematic, process-based approach in peer group settings that include business-driven agendas, carefully selected facilitators, and metrics-focused growth measures in order to give women the springboard they need to move forward.
Topics that Devi and Frédérique discuss include:
- How Her Corner got started
- Frédérique’s multi-business journey of entrepreneurship
- Accelerating the growth of your business
- Scaling past your personal cap
- When to hire out to scale your business
- The RACING Model
- How to know what to do yourself vs. what to delegate in your business
- The benefit of having a partner in your business
- The common sense question that Frédérique asks herself to determine what content to develop
- What Frédérique learned from expanding her business into a new city
- How to have difficult conversations in business
- Processing difficult challenges in business
- The role of intuition in Frédérique’s business decisions
- How to recognize fear
- How Frédérique nurtures a positive attitude with humor and excitement
- Tips for hiring
- The importance of knowing your intrinsic values
- How to utilize references to ensure that a hiring candidate meets your top five values
- Dealing with overwhelm in business
- Your “Not Doing Now” list
- The importance of doing what you know is true for you
About Frédérique & Her Corner: Her Corner is Frédérique’s fourth business that grew out of a personal need for access to other motivated and ambitious women business owners with whom she could collaborate in order to accelerate growth in their businesses. When Frédérique is not managing the business operations of Her Corner, she can be found either running accelerator programs for Her Corner members or at the Kogod School of Business at American University where she teaches entrepreneurship, business management, and organizational behavior.
Frédérique is frequently asked to speak and present on the topic of Entrepreneurship, the State of Entrepreneurship in the United States, or the State of Entrepreneurship for Women. Recently she spoke on behalf of the U.S. State Department to a delegation of women from Saudi Arabia on the State of Entrepreneurship in the United States and its relevance to Saudi businesses. She was also recently selected as a speaker at the White House for their Summit on Women and Girls on the topic of Entrepreneurship for Women. She has spoken to companies such as Marriott, Chobani, Microsoft, AstraZeneca, TD Bank, and others.
Frédérique holds an MBA from the Mason School of Business at the College of William and Mary and a BA in International and Russian Studies from Davidson College. She is a dual citizen of the United States and the European Union, is fluent in English, French, and Spanish, and conversant in Russian and Italian.
Holy Cross Abby Silent Retreat: https://www.virginiatrappists.org/retreat-house/