During this episode, Devi chats with Leslie Deems, LAc. about how to maintain balance on all levels as a Spiritual Entrepreneur. Leslie is the founder of Awaken Balance, an integrative medicine health practice in Carlsbad, CA. Leslie is an Acupuncturist, Chinese Herbalist, NAET practitioner, and lecturer. She holds a Masters degree in Traditional Chinese medicine and is licensed by the state of California. She has been studying and practicing Chinese Medicine for 20 years.
During this interview we cover:
- three power practices that Leslie and her patients use to maintain balance, energy and wellness
- the importance of balance to create a successful enterprise and life
- the power of mentorship and what to look for when selecting a mentor
- supplementation and what to look for when selecting supplements
- how to prepare yourself for maintaining balance if you or someone that you love is dealing with dis-ease in the body
- how to listen to your body and learn from it in a time of imbalance
- what is Chinese Medicine and what is included in practice of Chinese Medicine
- a technique that Leslie teaches to help your body to deal with and heal from allergies
- the importance of really listening and following your body’s guidance
- how to get more done using short and long lists
- productivity practices that Leslie uses to maintain a healthy business/play balance
- what to do when clients who are undergoing change, project their fears and anger on you as a healing practitioner
- how to deal with rejection in the area of client acquisition
- and so much more…
Have a listen!
More about Leslie Deems, LAc.: Leslie was drawn to the art of Chinese Medicine when facing her own healing crisis in 1995. Her personal journey with the efficacy of acupuncture is what drew her to apprentice with the world famous Dr. Richard Tan in San Diego.
Leslie treats a variety of illnesses and diseases, but she has a passion for helping people with chronic pain issues and food allergies. Leslie has lectured at California State University, San Marcos, on alternative health care and facial diagnosis. Her manuscript on Face Reading is presently in the works. Currently, she is a volunteer for the Buddhist Tzu Chi medical foundation, providing free medical care for underserved individuals. She presently sees patients in both the San Diego and San Francisco Bay Area.
In addition to her private practice, Leslie resides on the Board of Directors of the Patricia Rincon Dance Collective, San Diego. Leslie enjoys being in nature, gardening and composting, dance, travel, and time spent with family and friends. Leslie is dedicated to providing quality care in a caring and compassionate way. In the pursuit of wellness, she believes it is best to use an integrative approach, considering all options, while treating the whole person.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Awaken Balance website: http://www.awakenbalance.com/
- Alternate nostril breathing video: Click here to Access Video
- Leslie’s direct phone number: (510) 846-8451